Receiving into your PACS or DICOM workstation
- Login to ShareMyXray. On the Studies page, select the studies you want to download
- You can select multiple as long as they belong to the same patient
- Click Download
- images, reports and clinical request details will all download automatically
- Once the download has finished, extract the files then either:
- import them into PACS by following manufacturer’s instructions; OR
- click run.bat to use the built-in viewer with the download
Extracting Zip Files
To extract, or unzip files on a Windows PC
- In all versions of Windows, double click the zip file and it will use the built in extraction tool.
- Alternatively, Right-click the file and select ‘Extract All…‘
- It will ask where you want your files to be put, you can change this by using the ‘Browse…‘ button.
- Click ‘Extract‘ to unzip the files and navigate to the location you extracted them to.
- To run the included viewer, open the the folder ‘Patient_Name_Accession_Number’ and click run.bat.
- The DICOM images are in the sub-folder ‘IMAGES’
To extract, or unzip files on a Mac
- In all versions of Mac OS, double click the zip file to use the built in extraction tool.
- The files will then unzip in the same folder as the original zip file.