Send imaging from PACS or a DICOM workstation
admin October 25, 2017 About & Help 1
Use this to send imaging from your PACS – you can send to institutions or patients anywhere in the world. The system will notify them automatically, they’ll action the received studies more easily, and you’ll both comply with GDPR privacy laws.
- Export from PACS the studies that you want to Send
- Make a note of the folder so you can Upload it below
- Login to ShareMyXray; from the Studies screen click ‘Upload study‘
- Upload the exported folder noted above by either:
- Drag and drop of the PACS-exported folder onto the dialog; OR
- Click Choose DICOM files and pick the folder that way
- Click Done; the studies will be sent once uploaded.
- The system notifies your recipient of the incoming studies automatically
Connect to other institutions or patients
The institution or patient you want to send to isn’t listed?
Then click the ‘+Connect‘ button from the Studies screen. In the pop-up, type the name of your local hospital/clinic in the search bar
Searching for Portsmouth based clinics
If desired institution is listed…
- Click the green ‘+’ button alongside the institution name
If desired institution isn’t there…
- Click ‘Connect with new Site‘ button and follow the prompts.
- Use the email address from the referral letter – often a clinician, or their secretary’s email.
Send your medical imaging
- In the connection success message that appears, click ‘Send a study‘
- Pick your study in the next dialog and click ‘Send‘
If you’re looking for how to receive radiology studies sent to you, then click the button below
How to Receive radiology
Good to know
- It is helpful to let the institution know you’ve sent your medical imaging online. A quick phone call ensures their ShareMyXray notification has been received and doesn’t get missed in their spam folder.
- You can also send several studies at a time using the main Studies screen. Select all of the studies first, then click ‘Send to‘ and choose the destination.
[…] Or click if you’re looking for how to send radiology studies to someone […]